Monday 2 January 2012

Post no 2

This has taken hours! Thanks for all the help with it.

As I tried to type I was also reading a brief about a guest we have on tomorrow, Dr Harry Barry. He gives advice on such things as resolutions, diets and above all else how to maintain a positive attitude in the face of all the doom and gloom around 2012.

He sounds great. He seems to be immediately about to flag that cutting out all alcohol for January is a bad idea. It's too difficult and will fail and after it fails you will give up all your other resolutions also.

It also cuts out little treats and little treats are good. A lidl chianti for instance, 5.99 worth of happiness.

I am not a strong man it seems.

He also points out the value of peer group support, so feel free to step up to mark here

I think by Thursday we will have a plan, an achievable one too

6 comments:

  1. He seems like my kinda guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom,
    you have failed to mention what you are going to do to burn off the old calories. Never mind cutting down on food. Get out of the gymnasium and out jogging if you can. I dare you to climb croagh pat this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5/3/1 by Jim Wendler. You'll find it on www.jimwendler.com. Great strength training advice from a man with experience of losing fat and being strong.

    Be critical about the people you take your advice from and you'll do okay but when push comes to shove you've still got to put the work in yourself.

    Best of luck Tom,
    Regards,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck Tom , I'm on that crusade myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in too, although have a fractured wrist right now so not sure how much I can do just yet! I need to loose about 8lbs though to fit nicely back into my clothes again, so count me in and I will be tuning in this week to get a plan together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting ready for a major overhaul.
    Going to start with Tony Hortons 10 mom workout programme to burn the calories and get cardio.
    If that works then p90x ;)
    Beat of luck to ya;)

    ReplyDelete