Thursday 12 January 2012

diet, year two

I don't think I'm writing enough about what I HAVE'NT eaten . I have been a saint: unwanted chips, semi eaten burgers, discarded pizza slices, half finished yogurts, surplus lemon tart, spare chicken kebabs you name it, I have simply removed them from the kids plates and placed them in the bin whilst all the time maintaining a look of stoic determination not seen since Matt Talbot last made a fry , smelled it and put it in the bin.

not to mention Wine! Tonight I must admit I remembered why we normally abandon our vows of abstinence: Boredom. About a week and a half in you look at each other and ask 'is this it?' Is this all we have to enjoy ourselves with?

But I will be strong!

Todays Cuisine:

Breakfast        Porridge, with blueberries, seeds, coffee
snack              too busy
lunch             2 scrambled eggs, rye bread toast and tomatoes, an apple
snack            banana
dinner          duck breast, whole grain rice, beet root salad, a pear
                   (might have a photo later to post)

bit of an incident then; The elder one didn't finish her Sultana bran before bed. Had 4 spoonfuls, with full fat milk. Going to say three hail Marys now to make up for it.

Was told by the doc's receptionist today that getting a cholesterol check is a biggish deal, fast for 14 hours and blood test sent to hospital. Thought you could do that in a pharmacy!

1 comment:

  1. Dont get up too quick after giving blood, You'll faint judging on what you're eating lately...............

    ReplyDelete